Apple Flapjacks are simply scrumptious flapjacks. We love flapjacks anyway but have you tried flapjacks with apple? In my opinion, these Apple Flapjacks are way more than just a flapjack. Not only do they make a perfect lunch box snack, as they are full of oats, for slow release energy, but with the sweet addition of apples, the kids are sure to love them.
- 1kg Pink Lady® apples (peeled, cored and grated)
- 200g oats
- 70ml golden syrup
- 150g butter
- 40g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Simmer the Pink Lady® apples gently in a covered pan with the sugar, until it becomes soft.
- Add the butter and golden syrup and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Gently stir in the oats, salt and ginger to coat through.Pour the mixture into a buttered cake tin (8in round) and bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Allow to cool before turning out.
Now the recipe makes 12 wedges, but if you cut into mini bite sizes, the recipe will make way more! “Fairy bites” we call them! So why not give them a go, and let us know how you get on with them. We love hearing all your comments. For more lunch box ideas, do check out our Recipes section.
Also for loads more hints and tips, do check out our Hints & Tips section.