Best of England Salad is a great patriotic salad. So why not try our World Cup Salad that’s quick, and really easy to prepare. You’re sure to impress any guest! This recipe makes 4.
Best of England Salad
- 4 slices of ‘bloomer’ bread
- 75g/3oz blue Stilton cheese, sliced
- 25g/1oz roasted red peppers in brine
- 30ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- 15ml/1tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5ml/1/2tsp clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 175g/6oz mixed lollo rosso, lollo biondo
- 12 English strawberries, hulled and halved
- 8 radishes, sliced
- Pre-heat the grill. Toast the bread on both sides. Arrange the sliced Stilton on top of the toast then pop it back under the grill and cook until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Cut each toast in half. Thinly slice the peppers into strips then place a St Georges flag on top of each.
- For dressing: whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey together, season to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce, strawberries and radishes on a platter then drizzle over the dressing. Top with the Stilton toasts and serve.
For more salad inspiration, do check out our recipes section.