Some of you may know I’m a qualified florist and I have a real passion for flowers. Whenever I see flowers, I just have to share them! This Blooming Lovely Flower Cookies recipe does just that. These delicious edible flowers are easy to make, perfect for Mother’s Day, Easter or just in a lunch box! You know, just for fun?!
- 350g Allinson Nature Friendly plain
- flour plus extra for rolling out
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 level tsp edible lavender seeds or 1
- level tsp rose water
- 125g butter
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/ Gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Add either the lavender or rose water. Add the butter and rub until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg and golden syrup together, and then add to the flour and mix to make a dough. Leave to chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to ½ cm thick. Cut out with flower shaped cutters. To make the flower stem carefully insert lolly stick into the flower shaped dough, flattening the dough over the stick. Place on a baking tray, leaving a gap between them.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Leave on the tray for 10 minutes then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For more fun lunch box ideas and recipes, do check out our Recipe section