Borlotti Bean and Tuna Salad with Pine Nuts is one of our favourite salad recipes of all time. And when I say “our” I mean hubbie and me. We used to order this all the time when we lived in Poland from a local Italian restaurant, that amazingly did takeaway. So with our best Polish, we, well I mean I used to ring up and order, then a Polish chap on a moped used to come and deliver it. It’s a delicious mix of tuna and beans in a wonderful dressing. So whenever I make this, it takes me straight back to that time when the kids were little…
- 1 x 300g can green beans, drained
- 1 x 420 g can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 x 200g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 60 g pine nuts toasted
- 15 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 g of ready-washed watercress
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 15 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2.5 ml Dijon mustard
- Place beans and peas into a large serving dish
- Mix together the dressing ingredients (or place in a jar and shake well).
- Pour the dressing over the beans, mix well and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves with hot crusty bread.
This is another recipe for Tuna Tuesday, but really, can be eaten any day of the week! For more salad ideas, do check out our Recipes section