Cheerios Fluffy Sheep – I mean how cute are these?! A special Easter lunch box treat, made from Cheerios, marshmallow, grapes and raisins.
Now as the recipe says, you could make 6 little sheep, or if feeling really brave, you could make one large centre piece sheep. I would advise though, you will need to have the sheep lying down possibly! His tummy might fall down.
- 40g Butter
- 20 Large Marshmallows
- 160g Cheerios
- 40g Desiccated coconut
- 6 Black Grapes
- 50g Raisins
- 24 Currants
- 50g White Chocolate
- Place the butter and the marshmallows in a microwavable bowl, and
- heat on high for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the Cheerios and until fully coated.
- Using the tablespoons tightly form mounds of the mixture to make the
- bodies of the sheep. Slide onto prepared sheet or board. Dredge with
- coconut. Leave until firm.
- To make the legs take half a cocktail stick and thread on raisins, repeat
- to make 24.
- To assemble, push 4 legs into each body shape, stand upright, push in a
- half cocktail stick for the head and attach a grape to make the head.
- Break the white chocolate into small pieces, and microwavable on
- medium in 20 seconds blasts, stirring every time, until melted, but not
- Use the melted chocolate to make 2 dots on each head to make the
- eyes and push in a currant to form the pupils. Use a little melted
- chocolate to attach 2 currants to make the ears.
- Serve on a bed of green coloured coconut to create a grass effect
For other Easter fun recipes to pop in your lunch box, or just bake up with the kids, do check out our recipe section.