Chocolate Fudge Brownies is another favourite recipe of mine, and the kids, of course! We all love a chocolate fudge brownie once in a while and that’s what I mean when I say it’s a treat. To be a treat, it’s not every day.
So this recipe makes a delicious treat that can be added to the lunch box on a special occasion.
- 300g butter or margarine
- 4 x large happy eggs
- 400g caster sugar
- 210 g plain flour
- 2 x teaspoon vanilla essence
- 115g chopped walnuts or pecans
- 105g cocoa powder
- Fudgey Icing:
- 50g butter
- 35g cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200g sifted icing sugar
- Milk to mix
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F/Gas 4
- For the Brownies, melt the butter then the cocoa powder, mix well
- Stir in the sugar
- Beat in the happy eggs one at a time
- Add the Vanilla essence
- Stir in the flour and nuts and mix well
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9inch x 13inch roasting tin/tray
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm
- Whilst Brownies are cooking, make the Icing:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan , add the rest of the dry ingredients and the essence….mix well , slowly add a little milk until you have a spreading consistency
- When the brownie mixture has cooled, spread over the icing
- Cut the cake into squares and enjoy!
We sometimes pop them in the lunch box on a Friday for “Fun Friday”. How about you? Would you pop chocolate into your children’s lunch box or do you prefer to keep treats like this for home?
We love hearing from you so do let us know.
Meanwhile if you’re searching for other recipe ideas, do take a look at our recipe section