Couscous Chick Pea and Salmon Salad is another tasty salad recipe that is hugely impressive but really quick and easy to prepare.
Coucous Chick Pea and Salmon Salad
- 75g couscous
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp dried
- 50g cucumber, halved and sliced
- ½ green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 75g canned chick peas, drained
- 2 (100g) cooked lightly smoked salmon fillets
- 1 (130g) bag herb salad mix
- Put the kettle on to boil. Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl and stir in the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and dill. Season with salt and pepper then pour over 150ml boiling water from the kettle. Stir well, cover with an upturned plate and leave to stand for at least 10 mins or longer if preferred.
- Remove the plate, fluff up the couscous with a fork. Stir the cucumber, pepper and chick peas into the couscous. Heap in the base or at one end of a plastic lunch box.
- Break the salmon into large flakes and place on top or next to the couscous. Finally add the salad leaves and seal the container. Chill until required. Don’t forget to pack a fork to eat it with!
If preparing to eat out of home, make sure all parts totally cool. For best results, keep all in separate pots and assemble together just before eating.
For more salad ideas, and lunch box ideas, do check out our Recipes section