Ellie and Roddy’s Pancake Wraps make a deliciously alternative savoury pancake recipe idea with sausage, cherry tomatoes and grated cheese. If you haven’t heard of Ellie and Roddy’s sausages you should keep your eyes out for them. They are delicious! This recipe is perfect as a lunchtime snack or safe it for Bonfire’s Night.
- 1 pack Ellie and Roddy’s sausages,
- cut into individual sausages
- Plus chosen topping ingredients
- Pancake Batter:
- 50 g plain flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg – beaten
- 150ml full fat milk
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C, Gas Mark 5. Place 5ml oil into a tray bake tin, then the sausages, cook in the oven for 15 mins. Then shake the tin to turn the sausages and return to oven, cook for a further 10 mins.
- Meanwhile make the pancake batter. Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Add the beaten egg to the flour and gradually whisk in the milk, return to the measuring jug and leave to stand for 10 mins in the fridge.
- The batter will make 4 pancakes in a medium sized frying pan. Heat tsp oil in a frying pan, pour sufficient batter (approx 50ml per pancake) to cover the pan, cook 2 mins until underside is lightly browned, toss over and brown on the other side, lift out onto a plate and keep warm until all the pancakes are cooked.
- Serve with one of the suggested toppings, fold over and enjoy!
Cherry tomatoes, grated cheese and 2 Ellie and Roddy’s sausages,
Pineapple or mango chutney and 2 Ellie and Roddy’s sausages,
Tomato relish and 2 Ellie and Roddy’s sausages