Here at Lunchbox World we are keen to help you with lunchbox food safety. After all, as well as giving you lots of lunch box ideas, we also need to help you keep the lunchbox food safe until you are ready for lunch.
So to the lunchbox food safety tips:
1. Add an icepack, to keep food cool longer.
2. Keep it out of direct sunlight, away from warm places. (Warm places are a breeding ground for germs).
3. Invest in an insulated lunchbox. See our review section
4. Freeze the drink (bottle or carton) or yoghurt the night before. They will defrost by lunchtime yet still be chilled!
5. Prepare food carefully and thoughtfully, keep warm and cool foods separate (stop bacteria spreading).
6. Include a paper towel for sticky fingers.
7. Some schools operate a nut free/kiwi policy, forbidding anything containing nuts or kiwi. Check with your school.
8. Keep a good supply of small plastic pots, bags, clingfilm etc at home.
9. Some schools forbid clingfilm due to the potential choking hazard
Is there anything that you’d add to the list? Let us know.
Thanks for reading!
The Lunchbox Lady x