Mixed Bean Salad. This colourful salad is a quick, easy and nutritious salad, great for back to school lunch box or for a working lunch with a mix of beans in a honey dressing. For me, I eat with my eyes and I just love this colour combination that you achieve with the mix of red, black, green… Delicious! Why not give it a try? It’s just the marinade that takes the time…
- 432g can Black Eye Beans, drained
- 432g can Cannelini Beans, drained
- 432g can Red Kidney Beans, drained
- 432g can Chick Peas, drained
- For the Dressing:
- 6 tbsp Sesame or Walnut Oil
- 3tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Runny Honey
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Place beans and peas into a large serving dish
- Mix together the dressing ingredients (or place in a jar and shake well).
- Pour the dressing over the beans, mix well and leave to marinate for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves with hot crusty bread.
For more salad recipes just like this Mixed Bean Salad, do check out our Recipes section