1. Buy a larger pot of yoghurt, decant into a small pot with lid. Bigger pots work out cheaper than individual size pots.
2. Buy larger cakes and slice into portions for your packed lunch. The mini portions can be more expensive per unit. Or slice the whole cake up and freeze in individual portions. Get out only the number of slices when you need them.
3. Chop fruit up and put into plastic pots with lids – mini fruit salad, quick and easy to eat.
4. Use paper towel for sticky fingers rather than serviettes – saves on the pennies.
5. Decant fruit juice from large cartons into a drink bottle. Can be cheaper than the individual portions of juice.
6. Create your own pot of dip and snap up large breadsticks or veggies cut into sticks.