This recipe I sampled at a BBQ event in London and I immediately loved the flavours so much, I wanted to share the recipe with you. When you try it, you will agree, it is absolutely amazing. For starters I love apple and then with the dates, walnut and cream all on the crunchy crispbread base, it was just sheer Heaven! The Ryvita Sunflower Seed and Oat Crispbread Crumble recipe is basically Ryvita with a quick and impressive dessert topping made up of apple, clotted cream, dates piled on top…
- 4 Ryvita Sunflower Seeds & Oats
- 2 small coxes apples, peeled cored and
- roughly chopped small
- 3 tbs dark runny honey
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 3tbs sultanas
- 1 small thumb ginger, finely chopped
- 5 tbs water
- 6 tbs clotted cream
- 6 dates, stoned and roughly chopped
- 8 walnuts (optional), roughly chopped
- Small amount of orange zest, finely grated
- Put the apples in a small pan with the water, honey, ginger, lemon
- juice and sultanas. Bring to a simmer and cook the apples for
- about 12 minutes until any obvious watery element has evaporated
- and the apples are stewed and tender. Add a splash of extra water
- while cooking if needs be. Allow the apple mixture to cool.
- Chop the dates and the walnuts roughly.
- When the apple is still faintly warm spread one tablespoon and a
- half of clotted cream on each crispbread. Cover with a layer of the
- apple mixture, then scatter over a few pieces of date and walnut,
- and a few flecks of orange rind.
Have you tried any dessert using Ryvita as a base ingredient? Do share your experiences. We love to hear from you!
For more tasty lunch time recipes, do check out our Recipes section.