Savoury Tuna Sweetcorn Pancakes
Now as it’s a Tuesday – we sometimes call it Tuna Tuesday in our family, and it’s Shrove Tuesday as well, both on the same day, we thought this would make the perfect lunch time solution : savoury tuna pancakes and sweetcorn for your lunch box.
- For the filling:
- Small tin of tuna, drained
- Small tin of sweet corn, drained
- Cream cheese or crème fraiche
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the pancakes:
- Mrs Crimble’s Pancake Mix
- 400ml milk
- 2 Eggs
- Mix together a tin of drained tuna and 4-6 tablespoons of sweet corn.
- Heat gently in a small pan, with 2-3 tablespoons of soft cream cheese or
- crème fraiche.
- Make up the pancakes – whisk the milk, eggs and Mrs Crimble’s
- pancake mix together until smooth.
- On a high heat add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and pour enough
- batter to cover the base of the hot pan.
- Cook the pancake on one side until the edges start to look coloured then
- flip the pancake over and cook until the pancake is golden brown on
- both sides.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of filling on each pancake and roll up.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with a side salad.
If transporting in a lunch box, take the prepared filling mix and the cooked pancakes in separate containers, and assemble together just before serving.
If possible re-heat in a microwave
For more lunch box ideas, do check out our Recipes section