The start of September and maybe it’s all back to work for you? Back to school and back to the routine. The holidays are over, or nearly over, so time to get organised. So today I thought it a good idea to share with you a new sandwich idea, but instead of using bread, the recipe uses rolls. Smoked Mackerel Rolls.
Now I personally do love smoked mackerel fillets, and so does my middle one, Spike. But King Julien, well he has always been the fussiest eater of them all, so he’s not keen. I’ve therefore put this down as a working lunch recipe, maybe because it has more adult flavours. But do shout me down if your kids love smoked mackerel. I would love to know!
- 4 large Lion quality eggs
- 2 peppered smoked mackerel fillets,
- skin removed
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 large long white rolls
- butter for spreading
- rocket leaves
- Place the eggs in a small pan, cover with cold water and slowly bring to the boil. Simmer for 7 mins. Drain the eggs then rinse in cold water. Tap the shells all over and peel away the shells.
- Flake the mackerel fillets and add to the eggs with mayonnaise and seasoning to taste. Lightly mix.
- Split the rolls and spread with butter. Divide the mackerel and egg mixture between the rolls and top with rocket leaves.
- Wrap with clear film and chill until ready to serve.
For more recipe ideas for your lunch box, do check out our Recipes section.
Thanks for reading!
The Lunchbox Lady x