For all those tuna lovers out there, here’s another alternative tuna sandwich recipe. Today it’s Tuna Spread Vegetable Mini Pitta Pockets, a lovely combo of tuna, sweetcorn, cream cheese, with a few veggies mixed in, that hopefully the kids won’t notice 🙂
- 6 mini pitta bread
- 185g can tuna, drained
- 100g cream cheese
- 8-10 green grapes, cut in ¼s
- 1 (198g) tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 stick celery, peeled , finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl add the drained tuna and the cream cheese and mix well to make a creamy spread.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and season.
- Stuff each pitta bread pocket with a generous amount of the tuna filling and enjoy at home or on the move!
Saturated fat: 5.1g
For more lunch box recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section.
Thanks for reading!
The Lunchbox Lady x