Pear and Honey Muffins are a perfect addition to any lunch box. My kids love pears and the beauty of this Pear and Honey Muffins recipe is that it uses a tin of pears, which means you can bake these up all year round! The addition of the runny honey just makes these muffins truly delicious!
If you buy a tin of pears in natural juices (rather than syrup) this will help keep the sugar content down.
- 120g plain flour
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 1 x happy egg - beaten
- 1½ teaspoon bi-carbonate soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 flat teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 x 225g tinned pears
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- 2 x tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 x tablespoons runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F or Gas Mark 5
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- Mix together the flours, bi-carbonate, baking powder, salt and mixed spice
- Drain the pears and cut into small pieces. Stir them into the flour mixture
- In a bowl mix together the honey, oil and yoghurt. Then add the flour mixture, stir together gently – do not beat the mixture
- Spoon into the cases, and bake for about 20 minutes
For more lunch box recipe ideas, both sweet and savoury, do check out our Recipes section.
Thanks for reading!
The Lunchbox Lady x