Lunchbox World.co.uk Privacy Statement and Proper Use Conditions
The lunchboxworld.co.uk website (and any related website) (“Website”) is designed as a community for like-minded people with an interest in the well-being of children and adults, especially as regards to lunchboxes, packed lunches and healthy eating. The nature of the Website and its community ethos means that the operators of the Website, will obtain, record, store, use and disclose (together “Use”) certain personal information (“Personal Information”) relating to registered members and other visitors and users of the Website. This statement sets out the principles governing Our Use of your Personal Information, the conditions that you agree to in using the Website. By using the Website you agree to this Use and these conditions.
Who we are
This website address is: https://www.lunchboxworld.co.uk. It is written and managed by Caroline Job, the founder and owner of the site.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
In most cases we simply collect your email address when you enter it into a comment form, or subscribe to our newsletter. Other data is collected as follows:
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you use the contact form on the Lunchbox World website, you will be asked to enter your name and email address so that I can reply to you. I keep those details only as long as our email conversation is open. Once an email thread is deleted, I no longer have access to your details. In some cases I will ask if I can keep your contact details for a future opportunity. I will only do this if you have given me your permission to do so.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to track visits to this website for the purposes of understanding our audience preferences. For more information on how that data is held, please visit Google’s Privacy page.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. I also use Wordfence, a website security scanner, which protects my site against the threat of hacking.
Your contact information
If you have a question regarding your data and how we use it please contact me here: firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your data
Your data is never taken from this website and stored elsewhere. All my online systems are password protected, and monitored by a Wordfence security alert plugin to which I have the only access.
1. When you use the services contained on the Website you will need to provide certain Personal Information such as your name and e-mail address. We will store this Personal Information and use it to provide you with information and other services in the normal course of operation of the Website. If you would like to view and/or modify any part of your Personal Information then you should email us at email@example.com
2. We may transfer or disclose Personal Information to other companies, to our professional advisers and to such other parties as we consider necessary, in the administration of the Website and our related businesses or if required to disclose such information by law.
3. We may also use the Personal Information, and similar Personal Information you may provide Us in response to any user surveys which you complete, to aggregate user profiles and, unless you opt out by contacting Us as described in 11 below, to send you information about new products and services which We think may interest you. We may also pass your Personal Information to Our business associates and affiliates (including those outside the European Economic Area) who may contact you with details of products or services which may interest you, but you can always tell Us not to do this by contacting Us as described in 10 below.
4. To enable Us to monitor and improve our website, We gather certain aggregated information about you when you use it, including may include details of your operating system, browser version, the URL you came from and go to and the parts of the Website you visit.
5. We may aggregate statistics, traffic patterns and related site information and disclose such aggregate data to third parties for marketing, advertising or other promotional purposes but such aggregate data will not include any Personal Information.
7. You may submit notes, messages, bulletin boards postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material (“Content”) to Us for publication on the Site. All Content submitted by you to Us must (and you warrant that it is):
- be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with all applicable laws, regulations, standards or codes of conduct;
- not infringe the copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or any other rights of any third party, nor be obscene, abusive, threatening, libelous or defamatory of any person; and
- not advertise or otherwise solicit for funds or be a solicitation for goods or services. We have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with the above.
8. All Content submitted to Us will become the property of lunchboxworld.co.uk throughout the world except any portion of the material that is Personal Information. You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to Us for publication on the Website and you shall indemnify and shall keep Us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by Us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of material submitted by you to Us.
9. While we will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information you disclose online. You must accept the inherent security implications of providing information on-line over the Internet and you agree not to hold Us responsible for any breach of security unless We have been negligent or in willful default.
10. You can opt out of receiving various communications from Us and/or permit Us to change Personal Information you have previously provided by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org