Best of England Salad is a great patriotic salad. So why not try our World Cup Salad that’s quick, and really easy to prepare. And to be honest you can use this idea to rustle up a quick lunch or salad for any England football match. You’re sure to impress any guest! This recipe makes 4.
Best of England Salad recipe
Best of England Salad
- 4 slices of ‘bloomer’ bread
- 75 g/3oz blue Stilton cheese sliced
- 25 g/1oz roasted red peppers in brine
- 30 ml/2tbsp sunflower oil
- 15 ml/1tbsp lemon juice
- 2.5 ml/1/2tsp clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 175 g/6oz mixed lollo rosso lollo biondo
- 12 English strawberries hulled and halved
- 8 radishes sliced
- Pre-heat the grill. Toast the bread on both sides. Arrange the sliced Stilton on top of the toast then pop it back under the grill and cook until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Cut each toast in half. Thinly slice the peppers into strips then place a St Georges flag on top of each.
- For dressing: whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey together, season to taste.
- Arrange the lettuce, strawberries and radishes on a platter then drizzle over the dressing. Top with the Stilton toasts and serve.
Lunch box tips:
Now if you are not a fan of blue cheese, just swap out for your favourite cheese. Mine would be mature cheddar. What is your favourite cheese? Comment below and let me know.
And a super quick tip is to buy the ready grated bags of cheddar, or mature cheddar and mozzarella mixed bag (the cheese then melts really nicely). This really does help this Best of England salad to be made in moments! For more salad inspiration, do check out our recipes section.
Don’t Forget to check out the below lunch box inspiration!
And do be sure to check out our Lunchbox World YouTube channel for lots more inspo, where you can watch step by step lunch ideas!
PS don’t forget to grab your FREEBIE lunch box ideas! Here to help YOU!
The lunch box lady x