We first made these Royal Wedding Union Jack Cupcakes for the Royal Wedding. You may remember the blog post that Spring way back when? Such a long time ago already I cannot believe how the time flies. These Royal Wedding Union Jack Cupcakes are perfect for lunch boxes, picnics and street parties, embellished with union jacks, or even on those days when you are simply feeling rather patriotic! VE Day in May is a great opportunity to rustle up a Union Jack themed dessert!
I have always thought it rather fun to create themed lunch boxes for the kids, and well, this one would be just perfect on a patriotic day!
So for VE Day this May why not create these Royal Wedding Union Jack cupcakes.
Royal Wedding Union Jack Cupcakes
- 200 g unsalted butter softened
- 200 g Billington’s Unrefined Golden
- Caster Sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 200 g Allinson Self-Raising Plain White flour
- To Decorate:
- 200 g Silver Spoon Fondant Icing sugar
- Silver Spoon Cakecraft Red and Blue Colours
- Silver Spoon Cakecraft Writing Icing
- Silver Spoon Cakecraft Designer Icing
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, 400°F, gas mark 6. Line 2 x 12-hole muffin tray with the paper cases of your choice.
- Place the butter in a large mixing bowl and add the sugar. Beat together, preferably with an electric whisk until the mixture is wonderfully light and fluffy. This can take up to 5-7 minutes, so don’t rush this stage.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, with a spoonful of the flour with each one to prevent the mixture from curdling. Fold in the remaining flour with a metal spoon until you have a soft, smooth cake batter.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases filling only to half the height.
- Place in the oven and bake in the oven for about 12 – 15 minutes, or until the cakes spring back when pressed gently with a finger and are pale golden in colour.
- Cool the cakes on a wire cooling rack. Wrap in cling film or keep in a tin
For more baking mad ideas, visit www.bakingmad.com
For more Union Jack themed recipe ideas, then click the link highlighted.
For more lunchbox recipes, ideas, visit our recipe section to get inspired.
There is loads more on the site, so check out our Hints and Tips section on all things lunchboxes too.
The Lunchbox Lady x