Watermelon Feta Mint Salad is a delicious summer salad for 6 people. It can easily be stored in the fridge for lunch or for work. We just love the combination of flavours – the feta with the sweetness of the melon, and the dressing made up of that combination of lemon and honey and olive oil drizzled over. Mmm.
- 450g/1lb ripe watermelon
- half a cucumber, washed
- 1 head ‘crispy’ or ‘curly’ lettuce, washed
- 1 (200g) pack feta cheese, sliced
- 45ml/3tbsp chopped fresh mint
- juice of ½ lemon
- 60ml/4tbsp olive oil
- 15ml/1tbsp clear honey
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the watermelon into big wedges, then cut the flesh away from the skin. Slice the flesh into bite sized pieces
- Cut the cucumber in half then half lengthways too. Use a potato peeler to slice ribbons off the cucumber
- Arrange the lettuce leaves in a large bowl, top with the watermelon, cucumber, feta and mint
- Finally place all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk together with a fork. Season to taste. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve
If you plan on making this up for a working lunch and taking it in to work, we recommend you keep the dressing separate in a little container away from the salad, and pour over the dressing just before lunchtime and serve immediately.
Another tip : if you want to make this just for yourself you could buy just a part of a watermelon. Often you can find just a few slices of melon in the chiller cabinets in the fruit and veg area of the supermarket. Simply use these slices to create this salad. For more salad ideas, or lunch box recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes Section.