Crunchy Veg and Hummus Subs are so quick and easy to make, yet look absolutely delicious. Now when this recipe first appeared on Lunchbox World, it wasn’t so easy to get hold of the submarine rolls, but I am thrilled to say they are pretty much stocked in every supermarket now. OK I can only speak for the UK, but feel free to use any kind of roll if you can’t get hold of these soft submarine rolls. So do give these Crunchy Veg and Hummus Subs a whirl.
Crunchy Veg and Hummus Subs
- 2 wholemeal seeded subs, split
- 6 tbsp of fresh Houmous dip
- Quarter each red and orange pepper cut into sticks
- 50 g cucumber cut into sticks
- Slice open the rolls with a sharp knife
- Spread half the houmous in each
- Top with the pepper and cucumber sticks and serve
Saturated fat: 2.3g
This recipe provides two thirds GDA of Vitamin C.
My kids love the variety of colour in these sub rolls. The combination of the red, the orange peppers, all cut into sticks. I sometimes even pop some yellow pepper sticks in too. It’s up to you and whatever you have in your fridge, so please feel free to vary the recipe. And remember, we eat with our eyes!