I really shouldn’t be working on recipes when I am hungry. This really is making my stomach rumble! James Martin Sardines in Pastry is a scrummy (like the chef *coughs*), healthy savoury pastry, that’s even more delicious when served with a side salad.
James Martin Sardines in Pastry
- 3 x 100g John West Grilled Sardines
- Natural - with no added brine
- 1 x 250g readymade short crust pastry
- 200 g tomato chutney
- 4 slices of Parma ham
- Pre-heat the oven 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Lay the pastry on a clean surface and cut out 4 circles using a large saucer. Arrange on a baking tray & bake until golden brown, then remove from the oven.
- Spread the tomato chutney over the pastry then place two John West sardines on top of the chutney then lay the sliced Parma ham on top.
- Place on to a baking tray and put into the oven for about 5 minutes and allow the ham to crisp up.
- Remove from the oven cut in half and serve immediately.
Historically, for many years we’ve always thought of Friday as “Fish Friday”, as a reminder to try and eat fish once a week, on a Friday. But we thought we’d have this on a Tuesday so this fits in nicely with our “Tuna Tuesday” theme!
For more recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section