Packing a lunch can be a challenge for anyone, regardless of how long you’ve been preparing a lunch box. In this post we are sharing our lunchbox top ten tips to help you budget when packing lunches and to save money.
If you’d rather watch videos, then did you know we also have a YouTube channel? Here’s the link to subscribe to the Lunchbox World YouTube channel and see all our latest lunch box ideas.
Lunchbox Top Ten Tips
1. Buy some plastic pots with lids that you can fill each day with bite-size snacks
2. Wrap a tortilla wrap in foil to stop it coming apart in the plastic container
3. Label all parts of your child’s lunchbox, as they can “walk” at school!
4. To keep food extra cool in summer, use an icepack in an insulated lunchbag.
5. To keep lunch warm in the winter, use the wide neck flasks.
6. To save time in the morning rush, prepare the perishable bits the night before, (eg the drink, treats). If time, prepare the sandwiches and store in the fridge overnight.
7. To avoid the sandwiches from going soggy, keep the tomatoes separate in a pot, and these can be added at lunch.
8. Use plastic spoons for yoghurts as real spoons tend to get lost.
9. In the summer, freeze the yoghurt the night before. This keeps the lunch cooler and keeps it safe to eat until lunchtime.
10. Freeze the water bottle the night before and this gives a really cool lunchtime drink on those hot summer days.
Do you have some lunchbox tips to share? We love hearing from you!
Remember we’ve a growing lunchbox community over on twitter, Facebook and instagram, so feel free to like and follow. Or sign up to the newsletter to be sure not to miss a post of handy lunchbox tips and lunchbox inspiration.
The Lunchbox Lady x