Ryvita Black Pepper Crispbread with Steak Tartare is perhaps one of my favourite light lunch time snacks. It is an incredibly quick and easy recipe to prepare, as there is little or no cooking involved. I sampled this recipe at an event up in London promoting the new Ryvita range, and it was delicious. Now, admittedly, I am a fan of Steak Tartare. When I lived in Amsterdam, I used to eat Steak Tartare most days in my sandwich, so I knew this recipe was going to be a real winner. And it is!
Ryvita Black Pepper Crispbread with Steak Tartare
- 4 Ryvita Cracked Black Pepper Crispbread
- 100 g fillet steak
- 2 tsp baby capers rinsed and drained
- 1 tbs chives very finely chopped (mosquitos bracelets)
- 1 ½ tsp tomato ketchup
- Good dash of Worcester sauce
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp flaked sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Chop the fillet steak very finely with a knife. Do not chop it in a blender as the meat will be made too smooth.
- Put the minced beef in a bowl then add all the remaining ingredients and mix together well with a fork. Taste the mix and adjust the seasoning with a little more salt or a drop of vinegar should you so wish.
- Divide in four and neatly and evenly press over the crispbread.
- Serve immediately.
So why not try the new Ryvita and rustle up the Steak Tartare on it.
For more lunch time recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section