Rather than a Tuna Nicoise Salad, we thought we’d put a twist on it, and share a Salmon Nicoise Mixed Bean Salad recipe with you today. This is largely made from canned food, as we wanted to share with you an easy-to-make recipe, that can largely be made up of store cupboard items. Just think working lunch, a quick easy salad lunch box idea. And just think, when you come to make this recipe again, you’ll be sure to keep many of the ingredients in your store cupboard!
We want to make things as easy as possible for you when it comes to the lunchtime rut, when you might ask yourself the question “What should I have for lunch today?” I always find it a great satisfying feeling, when I look in the cupboards for inspiration and see a whole load of tins that I can rustle up a salad with! And once you’ve tried this, you’ll be keen to keep these items in your cupboards, so that whenever you fancy creating this salad again, you can!
Salmon Nicoise Mixed Bean Salad
- 1 212g can wild red salmon, drained
- 1/2 300g can green beans, drained
- 1/2 400g can mixed beans, drained
- 1/2 300g can new potatoes, drained and halved,
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 small red onion sliced
- 1 egg hard boiled,cut into wedges
- 1 115g bag Italian salad leaves,
- handful of olives optional
- For the dressing:
- 15 ml white wine vinegar
- 25 ml oilve oil
- 1 small clove garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Remove the skin and bones from the salmon and lightly flake into a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except the salad leaves.
- Make the dressing by putting all the ingredients into a small bowl or jug and beat with a whisk or fork to combine well. Pour the dressing over the salmon ingredients, and combine gently.
- Finally, heap the salad leaves on top. Seal in a container and chill until required.
- How to serve: Lightly toss together before eating.
Saturated fat: 4.2g,
For more salad recipe ideas that are perfect for your lunch box, do check out our recipes section.
Thanks for reading! And comment below and let us know if you try this salad for lunch time!
The Lunchbox Lady x