If you love peas, you’ll love these wraps! Green Pea Hummus Salad Wraps add such a splash of colour to any lunch!
Green Pea Hummus Salad Wraps
- For the Green Pea Hummus:
- 500g frozen peas
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp light tahini paste
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 tortilla wraps
- Handful of washed lettuce leaves
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 16 slices of cucumber
- Add the peas to a pan of boiling water, simmer for 3 minutes. Drain the peas, put in a food processor with all the other ingredients, mix well until a paste is formed. Season with sea salt and black pepper according to taste.
- Lay out the tortilla wraps and fill with the green pea hummus, washed lettuce leaves, tomatoes and cucumber. Season with sea salt and black pepper and carefully roll up and cut in half.
Tips: The wraps can be made well in advance, by sealing them tightly in cling film and keeping them in the fridge. This makes them much easier to cut in half and they are ideal for children’s lunchboxes. So to save on the early morning rush, why not make them the night before.
For more lunch box recipe ideas, do check out the Recipes section.