If you’re looking for some tasty BBQ recipes that are perfect for the summer, then look no further. This Lamb Apple and Mint Burgers recipe is just delicious. That combination of lamb and apple and mint. Mmmm! So dust off the BBQ, grab your lamb, apple, fresh mint and ciabatta’s and give this recipe a go!
Lamb Apple and Mint Burgers
- 1 kg lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Pink Lady® apples grated
- 1 small bunch fresh mint leaves chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for cooking
- Place the minced lamb, garlic, onion, grated apples, mint and paprika in a bowl.
- Season well with salt and pepper and mix well until combined. This is easier if you use your hands. Alternatively the ingredients can be mixed briefly in a food processor, but be careful not to over-work the mixture.
- Divide and shape into 8-10 burgers. Place on a plate and leave to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and cook for 5-6 minutes each side. They can be cooked over medium-hot barbecue coals, under the grill, fried or griddled.
- Serve the cooked burgers in buns with apple wedges which can either be barbecued or griddled on both sides until they have grill marks and are softening slightly.
- To serve: Ciabatta rolls, halved, frilly lettuce leaves and Pink Lady® apple wedges to serve.
For more recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section.
Thanks for reading!
The Lunchbox Lady x