Barbecued Lamb Tikka With Coleslaw is basically a recipe with marinated lamb skewers served in pitta, with delicious coleslaw on the side.
If you love a BBQ but are looking for fresh inspiration, then this could be the recipe for you. At first glance you might think this recipe takes forever to make, but a chunk of the time has to be put aside for the Marinade and chill time: 2 hours in fact. So if you can plan around this, maybe leave it to marinade in the fridge overnight, then that’s half the battle!
Barbecued Lamb Tikka with Coleslaw
- 800 g cubed lamb loin
- 100 ml natural yoghurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 25 mm piece of ginger finely chopped
- 15 g ground coriander
- 5 g ground cumin
- 5 g ground garam masala
- 5 g paprika
- Pinch of salt
- Juice of 1 lemon mixed with100g butter
- ½ red cabbage finely sliced
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves sliced +stalk
- Handful of beansprouts
- 1 grated carrot
- Juice of 1 lime
- 30 g wasabi
- Splash of olive oil
- Splash of rice wine vinegar
- Small handle of chopped coriander
- Natural yoghurt to serve
- Combine the marinade ingredients and coat the lamb well. Thread onto wooden skewers then cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the lamb skewers have marinated, place them on a medium heat on the barbecue and baste them with the butter and lemon, turning when golden
- To make the coleslaw simply combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and season
- Remove the lamb from the skewers and serve in barbecued pitta bread with the coleslaw and yoghurt, using lime wedges and coriander for garnish
Best served immediately but could be popped in a lunch box. It’s best to keep coleslaw and barbecued lamb and bread in separate containers and assemble just before eating!
For more lunch box ideas, do check out our Recipes section