Today I thought I’d share this quicky and easy sweet treat recipe. Yes, you guessed it. It’s Rocky Road. Rocky Road is simple to make and great to take on those picnics, days out, or for simply popping in that lunch box. The recipe includes chocolate, marshmallows and macadamia nuts. So this is not for you if you have nut allergies in your household, or are likely to come into contact with anyone with a nut allergy.
- 90 g 3 oz raw macadamia wholes and
- 200 g 7 oz marshmallows
- 75 g 2 ½ oz glace cherries, chopped
- 30 g 1 oz desiccated coconut
- 500 g 18 oz chocolate
- Toss together the macadamias, marshmallows, cherries and coconut
- and scatter over the base of a lined cake tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a double saucepan or in a microwave and pour
- evenly over the top of the base, smoothing the melted chocolate out.
- Refrigerate until set, then cut into pieces with a hot sharp knife. Best
- stored in a sealed container and kept in a cool place. If stored in the
- refrigerator, it will keep for up to 2 weeks.
Does anyone have suggestions as to what they would replace the nuts with to make a nut-free version of this Rocky Road recipe? Would love to hear your suggestions!
For more lunch box recipe inspiration, do check the Recipes section