Choconana Muffins – you know, chocolate and banana all mixed together? Have you ever tried this combination? What’s great about it you ask? Well, for kids that are “reluctant-fruit-eaters”, this recipe works a treat. The banana is all hidden and mixed up in the chocolate, so it gets the kids to eat fruit without even realising it!
This image is enough to tempt anyone and with the chocolate and banana mix, they really taste that good!
- 225 g/8oz plain flour
- 25 g/1oz cocoa powder
- 5 ml/1 tsp baking powder
- 2.5 ml/1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 150 g/5oz caster sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large British Lion eggs beaten
- 60 ml/4tbsp sunflower oil
- To decorate: 50g white or plain
- chocolate or half of each
- chocolate eggs to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.
- Line a twelve hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mash the bananas on a plate; beat the eggs together with the oil.
- Tip into the dry ingredients and beat lightly.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until risen and firm to the touch. Leave to cool for 5 mins before cooling on a wire rack.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
- Decorate with chocolate Easter eggs if liked.
The addition of Easter Eggs to decorate is of course optional! But they do look cute don’t they?
For more recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section, and if you have ideas that you feel must be on the Lunchbox World site, do comment below.