Little Lemon Cheese Tarts are a tasty mix of cream cheese, lemon curd in a pastry tart! Delicious! Perfectly sized in a portion to just pop in your lunch box or picnic!
Little Lemon Cheese Tarts
- 250 g ready to roll shortcrust pastry
- 30 ml/6 tsp lemon curd
- 100 g/4oz curd or full fat soft cheese
- 2 large British Lion eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- zest of half a lemon
- 75 g/3oz plain flour
- a little milk
- icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6.
- Unroll the pastry on a floured surface then use a 7.5cm/ 3in fluted round cutter to press out 12 circles of pastry. Reserve the pastry scraps.
- Press circles into the base of a 12 hole patty tin. Prick the bases lightly with a fork.
- Place half a teaspoon of lemon curd in base of each tart.
- Place the cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and plain flour together in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Divide mixture between pastry cases.
- Re-roll the remaining pastry scraps on a floured surface and cut into 1cm wide strips.
- Brush with a little milk then place a cross of pastry on top of each tart. Brush with more milk. Bake for 20-25 mins, until the tops are golden brown.
- Leave to cool before serving.
- Once made, these will keep fresh for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
For more recipe ideas, do check out our Recipes section