Peanut Butter Fruit Burst Sandwich is similar to the US version you might of heard of where they mix sweet and savoury. You know? The peanut butter and grape jelly (which I incidentally used to eat daily as a student. I was close to a US base whilst on my year abroad in Germany and had some American friends that used to keep me well-stocked up!) Anyway, here the combo is peanut butter and banana and apple. With the extra fruity goodness, this makes for a nutritious sandwich.
Peanut Butter Fruit Burst Sandwich
- 2 slices of Kingsmill
- The Secretly Seeded One®
- 50 g of peanut butter (low fat if
- 1 small apple thinly sliced
- 1 small banana thinly sliced
- Spread both slices of bread with the peanut butter.
- Lay the sliced apple over one piece and place the banana on top.
- Cover with the other slice of bread (peanut butter side down). Cut in half or quarters, and serve.
Now I appreciate many schools are now “nut free” so please check with your school before sending your child in with this sandwich. For more packed lunch ideas, do check out our Recipes section.
And do let us know what the policy is in your school with regards to nuts.