Coffee and Pecan Muffins is a recipe that has coffee lovers in mind. If you love coffee, I am sure you’ll love these muffins along side a mug of hot steaming coffee. These Coffee and Pecan Muffins are delicious mid-morning, at lunch time or as a mid-afternoon snack! And taking only 30-35 mins to prepare these, we should simply say “Let’s get baking!”
Coffee and Pecan Muffins
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g light muscavado sugar
- 100 g pecans
- 1 free-range large egg
- 225 mls whole milk
- 50 g unsalted butter melted
- 4 tablespoons black espresso strength coffee
- 1 tablespoon of demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Line two Pyrex Muffin Tins with 12 small squares of greaseproof paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar & nuts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, melted butter & coffee. Gently combine the two mixes together.
- Divide the mixture between the Pyrex Muffin Tins.
- Sprinkle over the Demerara sugar and bake in the oven 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool before popping in your lunch box
For more baking ideas that are perfect for your lunch box, do check the Recipes section.