Following on with our love heart theme, today we are sharing the Heart Shaped Biscuits From Loseley Recipe. These are deliciously ideal for Valentine’s or any time of year. They will surely tempt the one you love!
We have made these several times and they are such fun to make!
Heart Shaped Biscuits From Loseley
- 125 g Loseley Summer Meadow Butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 230 g plain flour plus 2 tsps
- 30 g self-raising flour
- 5 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 egg white
- 240 g icing sugar sifted
- 2 tsp lemon juice approximately
- Pink food colouring
- Pre-heat oven to 160C
- Cream Loseley butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and then stir in sifted flours and coconut. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll between sheets of baking paper to 4mm thickness.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut out heart shapes with a 5 cm wide cutter and place on tray 1.5 cm apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until pale gold. Cool on a rack.
- Place egg white in a bowl. Add half the icing sugar and combine. Stir in remaining icing sugar and 2 teaspoons flour. Add enough lemon juice to make a thick, spreadable icing. Tint with food colouring and spread on biscuits. Allow to set at room temperature.
For more recipe ideas, do check out our Recipe section
Thanks for stopping by!
The Lunchbox Lady x