Today we’re sharing our lunch box idea 28 – strawberry fizz drink. Now we don’t often suggest any drinks ideas for your lunch box, but today we wanted to share a recipe idea using strawberries as well, they are just so pretty! The full Strawberry Fizz Drink recipe is below if you scroll down. I can’t believe we are up to lunch box idea 28 in our 365 lunchbox ideas series already! But to be honest this pink fizz mocktail idea did catch our eye.
We love strawberries and we love super chilled mocktails that the whole family can enjoy!
It’s just perfect for a picnic, outside party or family gathering. If you’ve a glut of strawberries, you can even whizz up a jug full anytime. And right now, there is always time to make a batch up whatever the occasion – even for a summer’s evening in the garden!
Strawberry Fizz Mocktail
This particular recipe for Strawberry Fizz Drink uses a cordial made from fresh fruit and it really is easy to make. Simply pop the fruit in a pan and simmer with sugar and water until the fruit has flavoured the syrup. Strain and bottle, then pour a little into a glass and top up with water and ice, or try the serving suggestion, below.
For the strawberry syrup, you will need the following ingredients:
- 400g strawberries
- 100g granulated sugar
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Extra strawberries,
- slices of lemon,
- SuperValu soda water and SuperValu lemonade
1. Roughly chop the strawberries and put in a pan with the sugar, lemon juice and 100ml water. Heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
2. Once the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the strawberries to break down, mashing with a spoon to help them on their way.
3. Strain the strawberry mixture through a sieve resting over a bowl, stirring well with a wooden spoon to extract all the juice.
4. Pour into a sterilised jar and store in the fridge for up to a week.
5. To enjoy, pour 6 tbsp syrup into a large jug. Add chopped strawberries, lemon slices, mint and ice, then top up with SuperValu soda water or lemonade. Taste for strength – you may need to add a splash more syrup or water – then pour among eight glasses.
Nutritional info: Per serving: 25cals / 0g fat / 0g sat fat / 6g carbs / 6g sugar / trace salt
Strawberry Fizz Drink recipe – how to video
If you’d rather just watch a video, this has just been uploaded onto YouTube so click on the box and you will see just how easy the Strawberry Fizz Drink is to make. Perfect as a summer mocktail for the kids and family, a perfect non-alcoholic option!
So we’ve told you what we’ll be drinking tonight, this delicious pink fizz with the kiddlies. But what will you be drinking?
If you fancy more mocktails the family can enjoy, then check out the summer mocktails recipe with no alcohol we made step by step on the Lunchbox World YouTube channel:
If you like the inspiration for making this mocktail, you might also like our homemade lemonade recipe which is super quick and easy too.
If you like what you read, have you subscribed so you don’t miss some fresh inspiration for your lunchbox?
And if you are looking for other recipe ideas, check out our recipe section.
We also have lots of rainbow lunch inspiration so be sure to check out the lunchbox colours of the rainbow posts.
Top Tip: this drink is perfect as a treat in the lunch box. We sometimes pop it in one of these bottles on a Friday as a treat on “Fun Friday”. Something you can look forward to at lunchtime, and as a way to mark the end of the week!
Until next time, let’s keep having FUN packing those lunches!
The Lunch Box Lady x