Mini Cheesy Sticks are a quick, easy, cheesy snack that you can make. They are great for popping in the lunch box or as a great nibble to take on picnics or to go with any dip. They would be perfect with the Cheese Chive Mayo Dip recipe and of course, some healthy chopped up veggies.
Mini Cheesy Sticks
- 350 g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150 g Cathedral City Mild
- Handful flour to roll pastry on
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C, 425°F, Gas 7.
- Scatter the flour over the work surface. Unroll the puff pastry, scatter over most of the grated cheese, and then fold the pastry in half.
- Roll out to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut in half width ways and then cut into 1cm strips. Twist the strips 3-4 times. Lie on a baking sheet, scatter over more cheese and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Leave to cool, and store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
If you wanted to spice these up a little, you could sprinkle with cayenne pepper, just a smattering or paprika just before baking in the oven. Delicious!
For more snacking ideas, lunch box recipes, do check out our Recipes section