In time for Red Nose Day, we’ve the Monster Red Nose Pizza recipe to share with you and it really is a fun way to get the kids baking in the kitchen, to get them handling foods, and to start being creative! This recipe is a good way to start and the beauty of it, it’s eaten at the end, so no mess! Well, ok, not too much mess! Let’s just say it’s an introduction to food art!
The Monster Red Nose Pizza recipe makes 4 mini sized pizzas. It can be made in advance and chilled overnight in the fridge, then popped in the lunch box and eaten cold at school. So wouldn’t you want to be the envy of your school friends with something fun to eat in your lunch box?
The Monster Red Nose Pizza
- 4 ready-made mini pizza bases
- 1 jar Seriously Good Cherry Tomato & Balsamic sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 to matoes thinly sliced
- 2 yellow peppers deseeded
- 2 x 125g mozzarella sliced
- 250 g cheddar slices or grated cheddar
- 8 pitted black olives
- Pre-heat the oven to 240°C (or 220°C if fan assisted) / Gas Mark 7
- Brush each pizza base with a little olive oil
- Spread each base with sliced tomato. Reserve 8 slices of mozzarella for the eyes, tear up the rest and scatter over the tomatoes. Cover with the cheddar slices or grated cheddar
- Spread thinly with Seriously Good Cherry Tomato & Balsamic sauce to cover the cheese
- Slice off the top third of the pepper (about 3cm wide) and cut out triangles for the teeth. Slice the remaining pepper and place across the centre for the mouth, then arrange the teeth
- Decorate each pizza with 2 slices of mozzarella and an olive on top to make the eyes
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and the edges are crisp. Allow to cool on a cooling tray, before popping in a lunch box
Just make sure you pop an ice pack in your lunch to keep your food safe until lunchtime. To read more on our Lunch box Hints and Tips, check out the section.
For more family fun ideas in the kitchen, check out our Recipes section
Disclaimer: This simple-to-make treat features Seriously Good Cherry Tomato & Balsamic sauce with fresh vegetables and mozzarella, and each jar sold raises money for Comic Relief.