Now as it’s a Tuesday – we sometimes call it Tuna Tuesday in our family, and we made this on Shrove Tuesday as well, both on the same day, so we thought this would make the perfect lunch time solution : savoury tuna pancakes and sweetcorn for your lunch box. Now you don’t have to wait for Pancake Day! You can make these any day, any time of the year so don’t feel limited in any way!
So let’s get to the Savoury Tuna Sweetcorn Pancake recipe…
Savoury Tuna Sweetcorn Pancakes
- For the filling:
- Small tin of tuna drained
- Small tin of sweet corn drained
- Cream cheese or crème fraiche
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the pancakes:
- Mrs Crimble’s Pancake Mix
- 400 ml milk
- 2 Eggs
- Mix together a tin of drained tuna and 4-6 tablespoons of sweet corn.
- Heat gently in a small pan, with 2-3 tablespoons of soft cream cheese or
- crème fraiche.
- Make up the pancakes – whisk the milk, eggs and Mrs Crimble’s
- pancake mix together until smooth.
- On a high heat add a little oil to a non-stick frying pan and pour enough
- batter to cover the base of the hot pan.
- Cook the pancake on one side until the edges start to look coloured then
- flip the pancake over and cook until the pancake is golden brown on
- both sides.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of filling on each pancake and roll up.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and serve with a side salad.
If transporting in a lunch box, take the prepared filling mix and the cooked pancakes in separate containers, and assemble together just before serving.
If possible re-heat in a microwave. Enjoy!
If you don’t have access to a pancake mix, you can make your own! Really quick and easy to do:
4oz (100g) plain flour
1/2 pint milk
Put the flour in a bowl, add pinch of salt, make a well. Add egg. Use baloon whisk and whisk, slowly pouring in the milk to make a smooth batter. Keep whisking adding in air as you whisk. That is it!
For more lunch box ideas, do check out our Recipes section