Shake and Serve Chicken Pasta Crunchy Salad Recipe has been created specifically with lunch boxes in mind. It is a mix of chicken, pasta, with a deliciously crunchy salad.
Shake and Serve Chicken Pasta Crunchy Salad
- 100 g orchiette pasta
- 2 tbsp pesto sauce
- 2 cooked chicken breast shredded
- 100 g cucumber diced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 130g bag sweet crunchy salad leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- pinch of sugar
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 8-10mins. Drain and rinse in cold water until cold. Drain, then return to the pan and toss in the pesto sauce.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Divide between the base of two plastic lunch boxes top with the pasta, then place in layers the chicken, cucumber and tomatoes and finally the layer of salad leaves. Top with a firmly fitting lid and chill until required.
- Just before serving, shake the lunch box to mix all the ingredients together and serve with a plastic fork.
For best results, don’t put the dressing on until just about to serve. If transporting, keep the dressing in a separate pot, then put all together in the one lunch box, ‘n’ shake ‘n’ serve!