Today is lunch box idea 23 and we noticed that it’s been a while since we posted a sweet lunch box idea. Well ok, *coughs* just a couple of days then… So why not rustle up these delicious peach muffins. And being National Vegetarian Week, these are perfect for vegetarians too!
Lunch Box Idea 23 – PRINCES PEACH MUFFINS
Using store cupboard items, these can be whipped up at any time of day, and in no time at all.
(Assuming like me, you keep your cupboards well stocked, that is).
Just beware, they will also be gone in no time too…
So, over to the recipe.
You will need:
- Oil for greasing
- 75g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp crème fraiche
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- 415g can Princes Peach Slices, drained and peaches diced
- Few flaked almonds
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/Gas 5 and lightly oil a 10 hole muffin tin.
2. Melt the butter, cool a little and then beat in the crème fraiche, eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and sugar. Stir in the egg mixture together with the diced peaches. Stir to combine but do not over mix.
4. Fill the muffin tins ¾ full, sprinkle with a few almonds and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown. Leave to cool a little before removing from the tins and cooling on a wire rack.
If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can use a cupcake tin instead. Each cupcake will be just that little bit smaller than a muffin. Or if you like all things teenie-wheenie, you could make teenie-wheenie cupcakes, you know on a baking tray in the little petit fours cases… Just ideas of course!
As these muffins already come in portions, in their cupcake cases, they are totally portable for any lunch-on-the-go occasion: picnics, lunch box, or even tea out on the lawn…
This recipe makes 10, so in our family, would last less than a day at most!
So what’s your favourite muffin recipe? Do you pop these in the lunch box as a treat?
The Lunch Box Lady x