Ryvita with new potato broad bean salad is a quick, easy and surprisingly filling lunch idea. It’s amazing how many ways there are to load your Ryvita. You are just limited by your imagination! This recipe focuses on Ryvita Originals but you can of course substitute for whichever Ryvita you have in your kitchen.
Ryvita Original with new potato, broad bean salad
- 4 Ryvita Original Crispbread
- 75 g small new potatoes washed
- 50 g fresh young broad beans podded
- 4 quails eggs (optional)
- 2 small spring onions cleaned and
- sliced medium fine diagonally
- 1 clove good garlic very finely chopped
- 2 ½ tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of ¼ a lemon finely grated
- 2- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 salted brown anchovy fillets from oil
- very finely chopped
- Black pepper
- A few leaves of fresh mint torn small
- In a very small pan cover the quails eggs in cold water and bring to the boil. Once boiling leave them there for 30 seconds before taking the pan from the hob and allowing them to cool in the water.
- In another pan cover the potatoes in cold water and bring them to the boil. Cook them for 8-10minutes or until tender. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- Then drop in the beans. Cook them no longer than three minutes.
- Drain the beans and refresh in cold water before draining again.
- Peel the shells from the beans to reveal their bright colour and drop them in a mixing bowl. If you cannot be bothered to peel them this is ok!
- Add the finely sliced potatoes, spring onions, anchovy and garlic.
- Peel the eggs and roughly chop them before adding to the bowl.
- Pour over the olive oil, lemon juice and zest followed by a grind of black pepper. Very gently toss everything together taking care not to over mix it all.
- Taste the seasoning. The anchovy should salt the salad nicely but you may still want to add salt.
- Divide the salad over the crispbread and scatter over a little torn fresh mint.
For more lunch time recipe ideas, do check out the Recipe section