Here’s a quick and easy recipe to prepare, that’s perfect for the school lunch box. This Children’s Club Sandwich recipe is a great way of adding one of your five a day to your child’s packed lunch. In this case, it’s finely diced tomato, giving you that extra bit of texture and that extra crunch in your sandwich!
Children's Club Sandwich
- 3 slices of Kingsmill The Secretly Seeded One®
- 50 g cream cheese low fat if preferred
- 1 to mato finely diced
- ½ handful of diced red onion optional
- handful of shredded crisp lettuce
- leaves eg iceberg
- 2 rashers of lean smoked back bacon grilled and cut into smaller pieces
- To make the salsa, mix together the tomato with the red onion.
- Lightly toast the bread and spread the cream cheese onto two slices and the tomato salsa onto the third.
- Top one piece of the cream cheese toast with the lettuce, cover with the salsa toast, salsa side up. Sit the bacon onto the salsa.
- Finish by topping with the last slice of toast (cream cheese side down) and cut in half or quarters; holding each in place with some fun cocktail sticks.
For more lunch box ideas that are perfect for school, check out our Recipes section.