This Tuna Tastic Sandwich is a clever mix of mayonnaise, tomato puree and tuna to cleverly disguise the taste. Now you will know that’s a really important consideration, if you have fussy eaters at home. What’s more, if you cut the sandwich into a shape, like here, a fish, maybe the kids will be more willing to try a fun shape? This Tuna Tastic Sandwich is also perfect with sweetcorn and cucumber as finger food on the side. Again adding that splash of colour to make the food more appealing.
Tuna Tastic Sandwich
- 2 slices of Kingsmill
- The Secretly Seeded One®
- 50 g canned tuna in spring water
- 2 tsps mayonnaise low fat if preferred
- ½ tsp tomato puree
- 2 cm cucumber cut into small pieces
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsps of sweetcorn optional
- Mix the mayonnaise with the tomato puree.
- Add the tuna, cucumber, chopped spring onions and sweet corn
- Place on top of one slice of bread. Cover with the remaining slice of
- bread, press down lightly and cut into a simple fish shape and serve.
So why not grab your cutters, and see what other fun sandwich shapes you can create! For more lunch box ideas and packed lunch inspiration, do check out our Recipes section.